January 30, 2010

In-Cognition



It’s just noise in my head

Can’t figure it out or shut the damn thing.

The frown isn’t leaving my face

It’s all hazy where I’m looking.

It’s taking me down, it’s taking me away

Save me from its clutches, I want to run away!



Sleep is sparse, and dreams are short-lived

Disturbia sings a chaos within

The tumultuous monotony kicking at my sides

It’s a nasty battle that time is winning.

Every little nook and cranny

Of my mind is filled with smoke

Coughing out peace for life

Not many days are left before I choke.



Every time I leave a print behind,

The water comes to wash it away.

With every task not much is done

soon the sun will dive with the day.

It’s taking me down, it’s taking me away

Save me from it’s clutches, I want to run away!



Tyranny of fate kills faster than the brain

The slick murderer himself is short-lived.

so he leaves a bloody legacy behind

he will be remembered not the victim.

With time it will be studied

to decode the sharp noise.

How long have I waited

to hear my own voice.



And then the lull will take over

With piercing quiet, to make a new sound

Only shadows will speak against the walls

Where no light will resound.

It’s taking me down, it’s taking me away

Save me from it’s clutches I want to run away!

1 comment:

  1. a dark one here!!! i liked the metaphors you have used throughout the poem... very interesting! i like the style of your writing!! keep writing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your valuable comments and feedback. It motivates me to write more.